Dear DC Community Garden leaders,
Two of us organizers are involved in community gardens ourselves, and we feel certain that many of your members would be interested in entering the fair. Could you please forward the text below to your members? Also, if you know of community gardens not on Washington Gardener’s spreadsheet, or any other gardening/food groups, please forward widely. We appreciate your help! Many thanks,
- The DC State Fair Organizers
Calling all District gardeners, bakers, and canners!
Got tasty tomatoes growing in your garden? Love making pickles with your produce? We want YOU to enter the first-ever DC State Fair.
Go to the DC State Fair website (http://dcstatefair.wordpress.com/) for more information and to fill out your entry forms. Contest categories include:
- Tastiest Tomato (big tomatoes) – ENTER HERE
- Tastiest Tomato (small tomatoes) – ENTER HERE
- Biggest Vegetable (General) – ENTER HERE
- Biggest Vegetable (Container Gardens Only) – ENTER HERE
- Most Funky-Looking Vegetable (sponsored by Soupergirl) – ENTER HERE
- Home-Made Jam Contest – ENTER HERE
- Home-Made Pickles Contest – ENTER HERE
- DC Homebrew Contest – ENTER HERE
- Cupcake Contest – ENTER HERE
- Best Home-Made Pie – ENTER HERE
And more to come.
The DC State Fair will be held on August 28th, concurrent with Columbia Heights Day, at Tubman Elementary Field (11th and Irving Streets NW).